Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Grieving my health


In addition to grieving  for the loss of my health on occasion, I also have to grieve for other things, as well. Like, for example, over the summer we hosted a group of boys from Uganda. I became so close to these boys that I wanted to adopt them all as my own. I truly love them. I knew that it was my calling in life to one day go to Uganda on a missions trip and see them again. Well, meeting them was BEFORE the bipolar. Because now that I have bipolar, there is no way that I'd be able to fly across the world the see them. People with bipolar are very sensitive to sleep and stress disruption. So by messing up my time clock by a few hours let alone 7 or 8 would more than likely throw me into a manic episode. I'd like to say that they are worth the risk. I mean, they are. One day down the road, maybe I'll try it, who knows what God has planned for me. But I know that I'm not leaving this time zone any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. i can relate to grieving health friend... in a different way, but still... it's grieving none-the-less. :) so know that you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie - the last trip to Uganda we had two bi-polar girls, two cancer survivors (one went back again in active chemo!!!) and a host of other people with one malady or the other! Don't EVEN think your dream is impossible! It CAN happen and God CAN bless you - have no doubt!! I love your heart for the children - I'll be going in April if you want me to deliver anything to anyone in particular! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete