Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Racing Thoughts

So I've never mentioned my racing thoughts. My mind races so fast that I can literally hear a song playing in my head and think a full thought at the same time. I swear that neither the song or the thought is interrupted. From the books I've read this supposedly is impossible. So I guess that just means that my neurons are firing at super speed. But I always have a soundtrack going on. And its always a dumb song. Like right now, its "Raindrops keep falling on my head". All while I'm typing this. Don't ask me how that song popped in my brain, I haven't even heard it in like years. Its an incredibly lame song, too. I think that's why I have a hard time learning stuff. Because in order to focus I have to drown out the songs and the thoughts and try to listen or read and retain. And that is really hard. I've never done well in school and this is probably why. That's my excuse at least, and I'm sticking to it. If I ever go back to school, I want some Aderall.
I've also notice that because my brain works so fast, I feel like I need to be constantly stimulated. And when I'm not, it totally brings me down. I haven't been happy lately just being a stay at home mom. The daily routine of breakfast, cleaning, laundry, errands, just isn't enough to satisfy this brain of mine. I'd like to say that I want to go back to work, but then that's almost impossible finding a job that fits a schedule around my kids school. So I'm kind of stuck. I think I seriously wish there was a way to just SLOW my brain down. But then again. Would I be happy with that? After all these years of high-speed thinking and lovely background soundtracks racing through my head would I be happy with the silence? Blah. IDK, but I'd like to try. If anyone at least knows how to get this stupid Raindrops song out of my head, I for one, would be grateful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment