Total Pageviews

Monday, January 17, 2011

Some Research

I've been thinking a lot lately about my condition and its status. What I mean is that here I am with this BP, and what am I supposed to do with it? I don't believe that anything that happens to us in life is an accident. Sickness, deaths, successess, failures.....God has this huge masterful plan that we can just never wrap our minds around. But I've been feeling a bit of relief lately by understanding a few facts about my disease. Obviously, I'm not the ONLY one suffering. They even have a support group at my church for BP disorder, how crazy is that? I am one of 5.7 million people who get to enjoy all that comes with BP. I've been doing some research. There are a lot of celebrities, that have this illness. I think that creativity and mental disorders tend to go hand in hand. Between our exetreme mood swings of mania to depression, our creativity just flows. Most the time, it goes no where. But, in others I think it helps sculpt success and huge contribution to our society. Those who have actually contributed: Vincent Van Gogh, Albert Einstein, Jane Pauley, Ben Stiller, Beethoven. And then there's me :) Oh well, I rest more easily knowing that BP disorder isn't just a destructive mental illness. Although I'd love to become the next worldwide embassador for Bipolar Awareness, that's not going to happen. So, I guess if I only just stay a 25 year old :)  housewife in Columbus, OH for the rest of my life, that's good enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps the best episode yet? Enjoyed the wee read
    25??? Showing your creative side :0)

    ReplyDelete