Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Too Much?

I've got A LOT on my mind lately. I don't know if I try to keep myself busy because I just really enjoy doing things or if my busy brain just requires a constant feeding and forces me to continue to stir things up.Sometimes it all becomes a little overwhelming. Let me explain. My kids, are great. But having a ten year old is certainly a different experience and some of the changes in him are just so new to me that its sad knowing that he's getting older, and I can't hold on to his youth and now I'm panicking that I'm not being a good enough parent. So what did I do? I started emerging myself in parenting books and the bible and prayer. " I have to finish this book so I know what to do!" Oh, and I have a three year old that, honestly? That boy pushes my limits. I haven't found the right book for him yet. Then, its like I abruptly shifted the majority of my focus to Uganda. I have a project I'm doing over there and am in communication with some friends there and I've been very consumed with Uganda. Its soooo important to me.  Again. Its like I've hyper-focused! And to top it all off, I have a brother who just recently experienced some serious trouble in his life, to the point where I am daily praying for him. So, am I maybe just overstressed a bit? Maybe. Part of me loves this much activity, because I'm going from one thing to another and then back again and for the most part....I'm handling it well. The Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle right? My brain just feels heavy! That's all! I think God also knows that I need "things' in my life. Things that will take my focus off of me. And that's what I have. So, always being in that mood to praise Him I now praise him for all of this that is consuming me. And with prayer I'm sure that it will not flatten my brain and that I will be able to take care of everything according to His Will.

3 comments:

  1. Karynda,
    The great thing about God is that He equips us to do what He calls us to do! So, know that He has you in His hands, and is directing you! Love and prayers to you!!!!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing I can say to you is if God has enough Faith in us to give us these trials in our lives than we need to have enough Faith in Him that He will help us through them. Your right that you will never have more than you can handle and because of that you will find that you are much stronger than you ever thought you could be. I think back to all you have overcome and while you think right now is hard if you look back you've battled much worse and came out better because of it. Hang in there. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karynda,
    Thank you so much for sharing with me. You are so brave and I know that comes from God. I love your boys and would love to spend some time with them (an you too!).

    ReplyDelete